When promoting on YouTube, the most important thing is to convey information to the audience as efficiently as possible. So you should pay special attention to the design of YouTube banners because this is the first thing your potential subscriber sees. At first glance, it might seem that creating a banner for YouTube is a complex science accessible to the elite. But this is not so, and I will give some very useful tips.
What’s the YouTube banner?
To begin with, it is worth answering the most important question: “what is a banner?”. It is a regular picture that you post on your channel. And, therefore, you can do it yourself or directly take a frame from your video. Anyway, the cover banner should be as informative as possible. It should be carry value both for those who are subscribed to the channel and for potential subscribers.
What you need to pay attention to when creating a banner for YouTube.
The YouTube channel banner will have different sizes when viewed on a TV, on a computer or a mobile device. YouTube banner formats offered by Google:
- Recommended: 2560 x 1440 pixels
- Minimum upload: 2048 x 1152 pixels
- Safe area for text and logos: 1546 x 423 pixels.
- Maximum width: 2560 x 423 pixels
- File size: 6 MB Maximum
It is better to pay attention to the “safe area,” where text and logos are guaranteed not to be cropped. Your video banner is the most prominent branding opportunity, so your logo and text slogans should be well represented on it. Therefore, it would be better to place your company name and logo in the center.
As I mentioned above, there are two options for adding a YouTube banner:
First, take a successful frame from the video. To take a frame from a video, you need to copy the text of the link to the video using a browser. These images are recommended by YouTube when editing a video in your account. However, they do not always reflect the essence of the downloaded video. In this case, you can use any suitable thematic photo.
The second is to create a banner based on a photo from a personal archive using the graphic-design web service. In this article, I’d like to suggest an easy-to-use graphic editor, DesignCap, to design your YouTube banner. It offers a selection of free YouTube banner templates that allow you to use both your own visual objects and an internal image library.
- Log into DesignCap’s personal account using social networks.
- Select “Get Started” or follow the link: https://www.designcap.com/app/.
Select the Banner for the drop-down list YouTube channel.
- Select and edit the predefined templates. If you prefer, you can also create as you wish based on photos from the video or your own images. The DesignCap service offers a large database of graphic content. There are both paid and free images.
- Download it when editing a video on YouTube.
- As a result, your video has a more informative cover that can solve problems that benefit a marketing strategy.
Leave a Reply